Thursday, June 2, 2016

Week Two Meal Prep

Guess what?? After SO much traffic last week with my 21 Day Fix Meal Prep post, i've decided to make a meal prep series to provide you with recipes I use and how I utilize them into my weekly prep!

I'm pretty pumped that so many people found that last post helpful with their personal meal prepping! That is a huge win in my book!!! :)

With all of this being said, if you have requests, please leave them in the comments below and I promise to get back with you as soon as I possibly can! :)


Now to the good stuff! 

Have you heard of carb cycling?? My boyfriend has been reading a lot on it and we thought it would be fun to give it try for the 3 weeks leading up to our vacation to Hawaii (literally we leave in 21 days)!

The purpose behind it is to never let your glycogen reach a "full" tank. Many times when we eat too many carbs, starches, starchey vegetabels, etc. our glycogen levels are over flowing! Anything past the "full" line is automatically stored and turned into body fat... hello weight gain. 

As the sweet-aholic that I am, I thought this would be a GREAT way for me to cut back and get my glucose levels down. PLUS carb cycling is a GREAT way to burn fat quick!!

So, although all of this food is 21 day fix approved, i'll show you how we incorporated it into our carb cycling meal plan, week one!


First, we threw a full chicken into the corckpot on low for 8 hours. I sprinkled it with flavorgod everything seasoning, threw in some minced garlic, and lemon slices. Then I poured about 8 oz. of low sodium chicken broth on top and let that baby cook!

Then, I started cutting and roasting vegetables! I chopped up broccoli, carrots, squash, zucchini, peppers, cauliflower, and mushrooms then laid them out on baking sheet covered with parchment paper (makes for an easy clean up)! 

To roast:
1. Heat your oven to 390F. 
2. Spray veggies with coconut oil or olive oil then season with your favorite seasoning. I love the flavorgod seasonings or mrs. dash garlic and herb!
3. Cook for about 20-30 minutes. Check your veggies after 20 minutes and determine if they are done enough for you!


Next, I started prepping the fish. This week I made tilapia and salmon!

To make: 
1. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Add your salmon to one baking sheet and tilapia to the other. 
  • To cook the salmon, spray each fillet with coconut oil. Then rub each fillet with smoked paprika, pink Himalayan salt, and garlic powder. Cook on 350F for 15 minutes!
  • To cook the tilapia, spray each fillet with olive oil. Then rub each fillet with smoked paprika, tumeric, a little cayenne pepper, and pink Himalayan salt. Cook on 375F for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is flakey.

Next, I cooked my quinoa according to the package and boiled sweet potatoes to mash. 

To make mash sweet potatoes simply fill a pot halfway with water (enough to cover the sweet potatoes) and bring to a boil. Then add your sweet potatoes and cover. Cook for about 15-20 or until sweet potatoes are soft. Once cooled, peel off the skin, mash with a fork, and sprinkle cinnamon on top!

YOU'RE DONE!!!! This seriously took a whopping 2 hours. It's simple, but delicious! 

This weeks meals:

Low Carb-

1. 6 oz. tilapia with 1 cup of roasted vegetables and 1 tablespoon of trader joes soyaki
2. 5 oz. salmon with 1 cup roasted vegetables and 1 tablespoon of trader joes soyaki
3. Salad with spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrots, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, chicken, and avocado!



High Carb- 

1. 4 oz. tilapia with 1 cup of roasted vegetables, 1/2 cup quinoa, and 1 tablespoon of trader joes soyaki

2. 4 oz. salmon with 1 cup roasted vegetables, 1/2 cup quinoa, and 1 tablespoon of trader joes soyaki
3. Salad with spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrots, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and 1/2 sweet potato
4. 4 oz. grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and 1/2 cup of sweet potato mash


Seriously this week was one of the easiest and cleanest meal preps and everything is amazing!

I can't wait for you to give it a try!! :)

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to submit them below!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Brianna


Interested in a customized meal plan and one on one coaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment