Tuesday, June 7, 2016

About Me


     Hi there! My name is Brianna and i'm a 23 year 
old Florida State graduate with a passion for health, 
fitness, and creating healthy foods in the kitchen! :)

Like many of you, I have always struggled with my 
weight and insecurities.

I was always the "bigger" friend, all the way from 
elementary school through high school. For most of 
my life I tried convincing myself that I was just 
*big boned* and it came from genetics so there 
was nothing I could do.

My first year of college I definitely took part in the 
"freshman 15"! By the summer going into my 
sophomore year, I was the heaviest I had EVER 
been and started to fall into a place of depression. 
I tried cutting my calories to the extreme, over 
exercising, cutting out carbs, eating "low-fat"... 
you name it, I tried it.

However, I found myself constantly bouncing back to that number on the scale I despised. 
I turned to my bestfriend, GOOGLE, for some answers! I researched everything from paleo, 
to clean eating, to the truth behind carbs, to circuit training. I began a whole new approach 
to living a healthy lifestyle and finally started seeing success.

Fast forward to December 2014 - I had dropped close to 20 pounds of the 30 I needed to 
lose and started falling back into starvation mode and over working my body. I couldn't 
understand why those last 10 pounds wouldn't budge!

I was introduced to an online accountability group where I began with a home fitness 
program, a nutrient dense shake {that tasted like dessert... YES!}, and was held accountable 
by my coach when I didn't check in.

Within a month, 7 pounds were gone, my energy levels were through the roof, and my body 
figure has taken a complete 180 degree transformation! I was working out only 30 minutes
a day, had a meal plan given to me, and my sweet fix was solved with this nutrition shake 
that was starting to prove to be a miracle worker.

I was finally the healthiest I had ever been and the happiest I could ever remember being. 
I began to eat to fuel my body, learned to LOVE exercise and the way it made me feel, and
most of all was given a chance to help others overcome their lifelong defeat of diets, weight 
gain, and binge eating.

My body isn't perfect, I don't have rock hard abs, and lord knows I will happily rock my 
cellulite! I was created perfect in the image of the one who created me and I am grateful 
everyday for that!

If you're struggling, feel lost, feel overwhelmed, and just simply need help; please contact
me! I know what it feels like! This blog was created for me to share recipes, share workouts,
and share inspiration to those who need it; and hopefully meeting a few new like-minded
friends along the way! :)

If my story spoke to you and you just need someone to chat with, contact me! I get no 
greater joy than connecting with others and helping them with the journey they are on! :)

My email is brisouthbbc@gmail.com OR you can connect with me on facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/bsouth.fitness <3 

Thanks for stopping by, i'm so glad you're here!

XOXO

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment