Sunday, May 8, 2016

Quinoa Salad with Salmon

I know, i'm on a total quinoa kick! Did you know quinoa is super high in vitamins B1, B2, B6, and E, is super high in fiber and protein, contains all 8 of the essential amino acids making it a "complete" protein, has a low glycemic index, AND it's high in both iron and magnesium - two minerals that most Americans are low in!

Okay my quinoa rant is over... but now can you see why i'm boarder line obsessed??

I made salmon for lunches this week and needed something to pair with it. I knew I wanted something NEW and fun, but obviously super healthy and filling. Quinoa salad was the PERFECT match!


Doesn't this picture just make you want to grab a handful and shove it in your mouth??? It can't just be me right...?? :)

Even better news, this recipe is SO simple to make!

What you will need:
  • 1 lb. baked salmon 
  • 2 cups quinoa, cooked
  • 1 cup edamame
  • 1 cup cucumber 
  • 1 whole carrots, chopped 
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 yellow bell pepper 
  • handful of fresh cilantro, chopped 
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese 
  • 1/2 dried cranberries
  • pink himalayan salt 
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • balsamic vinegar (to your liking)
To make:
  • Bake salmon at 400 for 15 minutes (I drizzled avocado oil, smoked paprika, and pink Himalayan salt on mine!)
  • Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and store in the fridge until it's time to eat!
  • That's it... seriously!

Since I did this recipe as a meal prep, I went ahead and divided 4 oz. of salmon and split the quinoa up into 4 different containers. Now I can just grab & go!





No comments:

Post a Comment