Thursday, April 14, 2016

Oatmeal Muffins - 21 Day Fix Style

So i'm going to take y'all back to 2002, I was 9 years old and ate anything and everything I could get my hands on that was PROCESSED, full of SUGAR, and had practically no nutrition. My favorite breakfast or snack was those little chocolate chip mini muffins in the package... anyone remember those? OMG SO GOOD. I look back now though, and they don't even compare to the HEALTHY, nutrition dense food I eat today. However, sometimes you just want that treat but without the guilt.. you with me?? I have good news for you... these muffins will become a MUST. You can make a large batch and store the extras in the freezer for later so they don't end up going bad! How convenient right? I love this whole NEW definition of "fast food".


Is you mouth watering yet???? Ya, me too.

These muffins are so EASY and versatile too! I can't wait for you to try them!


21 Day Fix Oatmeal Muffins
makes 12 servings

1 egg + 3 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups applesauce, unsweetened
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup raw honey
2 1/2 cups, Gluten Free Old Fashioned rolled oats
1/8 cup chai seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
Optional toppings: blueberries, raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, strawberries, pistachios, protein powder for additional protein 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
Add in oats, chia seeds (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
Finally pour in milk and combine.
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin cups. I used a 1/4 measuring cup, measure just a tad under 1/4 cup to make 12 servings.
Add the toppings...

Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags or freezer friendly tupperware.

You can eat them like a muffin for an easy grab-and-go breakfast or you can eat them like oatmeal by simply putting in a bowl and stirring in a little warm milk. I store leftovers in the freezer, take one out the night before to thaw in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for about 60 seconds.

21 Day Fix Containers (2 muffins per serving with blueberries): 1 yellow, 1 tsp., 1/2 purple (add a red if you include protein powder)


ENJOY!

XOXO

Brianna




No comments:

Post a Comment