Friday, August 5, 2016

Crockpot Sausage & Peppers

This is one of those recipes that may become a family favorite. I know it did in my household! It resembles gumbo, with a twist!


Everytime I make this recipe, I make it in BULK because it freezes SO well! I've kept in the freezer for up to 6 weeks and it thaws out just as tasty as when it's first cooked. Convenient right?!

What you will need for this recipe: Make 8-10 servings

2 lbs. chicken sausage (cooked and chopped)
1 Green Pepper (chopped)
2 Red peppers (chopped)
1 Yellow pepper (chopped)
2 onions (chopped)
1 bag of frozen okra
6 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbs. oregano (dried)
1/2 cup basil (fresh and chopped)
2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes 
2 tbsp. tomato paste

To Make:

1. Add sausage, peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, and basil to the crockpot.
2. Mix tomatoes and tomato paste together, then ass to the crockpot.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. 1 hour before finishing, add the frozen okra.
5. Serve over rice, quinoa, or pair with sweet potatoe bites like I did! :)



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xoxo

Brianna



No comments:

Post a Comment